Full Course Description
Stop the Dread & Avoidance of Anxiety! How to Apply IFS Techniques for Anxiety
- Assess the foundational concepts of the Internal Family Systems as an effective therapy model.
- Plan the IFS treatment steps to use with clients to enable them to identify and separate from their anxious parts.
- Apply the concept of "multiplicity" as a model for case conceptualization of clients' presenting problem and/or symptoms.
Multiplicity & the Self
- Evolution of the IFS approach
- Multiplicity of the mind
- Stumbling on to the self
Internal Family System (IFS) For Anxiety
- Protector parts and exiles
- IFS technique:
- Honoring protectors
- Dealing with the overwhelm
- Witness and retrieve exiles
- Unburden beliefs and emotion that lead to dread and avoidance
Creating a Story of Safety: A Polyvagal Guide to Managing Anxiety
- Describe ways the nervous system responds to cues of danger.
- Utilize clinical skills to engage the nervous system’s natural pathways to regulation.
- Utilize The Polyvagal Theory as a model for case conceptulization of clients' presenting problem and/or symptoms.
The Polyvagal Theory of the Nervous System
How our nervous systems shape our reaction to stress and trauma
Resourcing and helping clients self-regulate during times of distress and social distance Copyright :
Mindfulness-Centered CBT: Daily Practices for Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Appraise the effectiveness of mindfulness-centered CBT for anxiety reduction and stress management.
- Apply specific mindfulness-centered CBT interventions for management of stress and of reduction anxiety in clients.
- Utilize mindfulness-centered CBT interventions as a means for helping clients increase their sense of self-efficacy.
The Think Act Be Approach to Managing Anxiety
Think Act Be in Action: Mindfulness-Centered CBT Interventions
- An overview of the model
- Mindful presence (Be)
- Cognitive techniques (Think)
- Behavioral practices (Act)
- Empirical support for the approach
- Specific strategies to implement throughout one’s day
- Increasing self-efficacy to handle challenging emotional states
Anxiety & Relationships in the New Era
- Practice the three components of a healthy conversation for resolving conflict between clients.
- Utilize clinical interventions to support clients who experience physiological flooding.
- Demonstrate the connection between stonewalling and physiological flooding.
The ways anxiety shows up in relationships
The importance of managing physiological flooding
How stonewalling and physiological flooding work in relationships
Healthy conflict and conversations for moving forward. Copyright :
A Corona Love story: TEAM-CBT Approach to Cope with Crisis
- Determine the four components of TEAM-CBT
- Analyze the role of therapeutic resistance in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
- Demonstrate several techniques to reduce resistance and boost motivation, including the Miracle Cure Question, the Magic Button, Positive Reframing, and the Magic Dial.
Components of TEAM-CBT Treatment for Anxiety
- T = Testing
- E = Empathy
- A = Assessment of Resistance
- M = Methods
Helping Parents Through Crises: Avoiding Pitfalls & Amplifying Opportunities
- Devise two interventions that interrupt anxious routines in families.
- Compose three cognitive patterns to target in anxious families.
- Appraise the efficacy of utilizing a family-centered approach to working with children.
The importance of a family-centered therapy approach to treating children.
The patterns that are emerging in families during this societal crisis.
The 3 cognitive patterns to target when working with parents in treatment and how to work with them. Copyright :
The Traumatic Impact of a Global Pandemic and How it will Shape Patient Care in the Future
- Elaborate on the clinical benefits of creating connection for your trauma clients.
- Demonstrate activities to use in clinical practice that can help trauma clients from re-experiencing past traumas.
- Utilize clinical interventions for helping clients cope with collective anxiety during a widespread crisis.
The pandemic, leadership and integrity
Collectively coping with calamity
Evidence-based techniques to reduce re-living past traumas Copyright :
EMDR in Trying Times: How Our Brains Process and Move Through Trauma
- Appraise the Adaptive Information Processing model of EMDR.
- Interpret why people respond differently to similar trauma circumstances.
- Apply EMDR approaches with clients in response to recent traumatic events.
Why EMDR therapy is a useful intervention for recent trauma
The adaptive information processing model of trauma
Using EMDR with recent trauma Copyright :
The “Wow” Factor: The New Ways Clinicians Care Use Awe and Gratitude in Therapy
- Utilize the benefits of awe for psychological and physical well-being and utilize specific approaches to foster feelings of awe and wonder in clients.
- Determine which regions of the brain are linked to the practices of gratitude and savoring.
- Administer interventions aimed to increase neuronal firing and lead to lasting brain change.
Pandemic and Panic: Facing Viral Realities and Viral Fears
- Explore how to cultivate deeper therapeutic presence by bringing attention to what remains unexpressed in clients’ everyday awareness.
- Identify the risk facts and the primary adaptations to stress and how it affects: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Defining the current situation in terms of biopsychosocial stress and trauma models
Supporting clients through cultural stressors and how it’s different from individual stressors
Creating a healing narrative for clients in stress and traumatic situations Copyright :
Mindfulness, Resilience, and Post Traumatic Growth
- Practice implementing mindfulness techniques in order to reduce symptoms of anxiety.
- Apply trauma-sensitive interventions to aid clients’ post-traumatic growth and foster resilience during peak anxiety times.
Science backed strategies for cultivating resilience and post traumatic growth
A holistic biopsychosical model for understanding and working with anxiety
Trauma sensitive mindfulness and self compassion interventions for growth
Effectively applying mindfulness to multiple aspects of social isolation as well as the reintegration and changes we soon face
Anxiety specific-mindfulness and positive psychology interventions to use with your clients immediately Copyright :
Immobility and Fear in the Face of Helplessness: The Somatic Connection
- Appraise how trauma responses are a set of defensive bodily reactions meant to protect us.
- Demonstrate two grounding, centering breath, and body-posture techniques to aid with soothing and self-regulation.
- Determine how trauma-based perceptions remain fundamentally unchanged until the internal experience of the body changes.
Trauma and immobility and the body’s response to helplessness
How our body overcomes and processes trauma
The psychotherapy techniques that aid clients in processing trauma Copyright :
Private Practice in a Pandemic & Beyond: How to Stay Focused, Profitable, & Secure
- Review the data within your private practice as a precursor for future decision making.
- Assess critical practice issues using a 3-step triage process.
- Understand how to recommit, rebrand or reinvest in your practice, based on your future goals.
- Spot potential opportunities and how other practitioners are looking at options during this serious time.
- Address any existing weaknesses in your practice that the crisis is exacerbating
- Test your business thinking and mindset; don’t allow fears and anxieties to cloud your judgment
- Quickly review the essentials of your practice -- its strengths and weaknesses, assets and liabilities – so you can craft a solid plan for the immediate future
- Use a 3-step process to prioritize immediate worries and know what to do now and what can wait
- Consider the best marketing strategies to help fill your practice if it is slow; even during the pandemic, there are important steps to take
- Know how to deal with overflow and overwhelm if there is more demand for your services than you can handle
- Determine the business path your practice needs to follow to stay viable during chaotic times
- Rely on one of the best 4 business models for times of economic uncertainty
- Recognize that in business, there is often an upside to every downturn. See some of the opportunities that might be beneficial for your work now and over time
- Learn self-care strategies that keep a business owner balanced and resourceful