Full Course Description
Presenting Secure Attachment
- Distinguish between the four basic attachment styles.
- Explain how to create safety in a client’s first interview.
- Describe how to adapt your therapeutic style with an avoidant-attached client.
- Talk Therapy Limitations
- Presencing Secure Attachment
- Listening and Reflecting to the Client
- Exercises of Secure Attachment
When Is Attachment the Issue?
- Assess a client’s need for attachment-based treatment.
- Define memory reconsolidation and how it can be incorporated into your treatment plan.
- Describe how using juxtaposition can dissolve problematic emotional learnings.
- Memory Reconsolidation
- Coherence Therapy
- Principles of Coherence
- Sentence Completion
- Re-Evoking the Present Symptom
Heart and Bones: Attachment and Sexuality
- Explain the links between sexual problems and attachment issues.
- Discuss how to address sexual problems in attachment-based couple therapy.
- Name two clinical methods based on new mating and bonding research.
- Primary Human Motivation
- Avoidant Attachment Style
- Types of Healthy Sex
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Methodology of EFT Couples Therapy
Getting Through to Shutdown Children and Families
- Describe how to implement the PACE approach in a first interview.
- Demonstrate the use of playfulness in connecting with kids.Explain how to best create a secure environment when working with abused children.
- Follow-Lead-Follow Method
- Creating a Safe Environment
- Tone of Voice
- PACE Method
- Working with Teenage Clients
Attachment Issues in Chronic Pain
- Describe the connection between past attachment issues and current physical pain.
- Explain how clients can discover the attachment-based source of their physical pain.
- Four Levels of Trauma that Apply to Chronic Pain
- Emotional Pain
- Healing Deep Chronic Pain
- Deep-Breathing Exercises
Healing Attachment Wounds with Energy Psychology
- Explain how and when to use tapping in work with couples.
- Define Practice Emotional Freedom Technique.
- Demonstrate how clients can use tapping to regulate their emotions.
- Main Methods of Energy Psychology
- Tapping on Acupuncture Points
- Somatic Intervention
- Energy Psychology and Attachment Theory
- Energy Therapy and Traumatic Memories