Full Course Description
2-Day: Virtual EMDR: Safe, Simple and Straightforward Approaches to Adapting EMDR to Telehealth
EMDR is a powerful, evidence-based treatment you can use to safely and rapidly help your clients’ process their traumas and reclaim their lives!
And while much of its fantastic reputation as a clinical tool has been built upon in-person sessions, EMDR is also effective when delivered virtually so you can continue your important work with clients from a distance.
This 2-day training is your how-to-guide on utilizing EMDR through telehealth platforms!
Whether you are new to using EMDR, or have already been trained but aren’t sure how to go about it in a virtual format, this program will give you safe, simple and straightforward approaches to adapting EMDR techniques to an online environment.
Over 2 confidence-boosting days, you’ll get instantly usable information, guidance, demonstrations and practice tips including:
- Video examples of virtual EMDR sessions
- The 8-phase protocol – and where to adapt for telehealth
- Bilateral stimulation tools for remote sessions
- A dissociation screening tool
- Strategies to maximize attunement through video sessions
- How to handle crisis level reactions when you’re not in the room
EMDR is a must-have treatment tool and telehealth is here to stay.
Don’t miss out on this chance to bring your practice up-to-speed so you can stay on the front lines with your clients even when face-to-face sessions aren’t possible.
- Assess clients to determine the appropriateness of using EMDR in virtual sessions.
- Analyze the 8 Phases of the EDMR protocol and determine how clinicians can integrate proper adaptations for use in a virtual environment.
- Investigate risks associated with virtual EDMR that should be included in a clinician’s informed consent documentation.
- Determine steps that can be taken to establish safety for remote EMDR sessions.
- Evaluate strategies that can help foster the critical connection between client and therapist in EMDR therapy when face-to-face sessions aren’t possible.
- Analyze how clinicians can account for cultural difference and physical environments to maximize the effectiveness of therapy via telehealth.
- Support how bilateral stimulation can be conducted via video in the EMDR process.
- Appraise applications and online resources that clinicians can use for bilateral stimulation.
- Build self-efficacy through EMDR resourcing activities via telehealth.
- Apply techniques to assist clients in de-escalating trauma associated triggers via telehealth.
- Construct a plan to intervene in crisis level situations when delivering EMDR virtually.
- Analyze the research, risks and limitations of using EMDR in virtual formats.
The 8 Phases of EMDR and Essential EMDR Resources
Assess the Appropriateness of Virtual EMDR for Clients
- Body scan
- Review of resources (calm place, container, ICON, etc.)
Common Barriers to Virtual EMDR Treatment
- Establishing safety
- Creating Resources
- Dual awareness options
- Informed consent
Ways to Increase Attunement in Virtual EMDR Sessions
- Keeping a consistent environment
- Checking on physical responses
- Safety in the environment
- Accounting for cultural differences and physical environments
- How to create close proximity with your camera
- Attuned breathing on virtual platforms
Eye Movement Resources for Telehealth Practitioners Using EMDR
- Bi-lateral stimulation and its importance in the EMDR process
- Dual attention methods (eye movements, tapping, tappers, sound)
- Bilateral stimulation via video
- Butterfly hug
- Congruent tapping
- Sound pulses
- Other eye movement strategies
- Apps and BLS online resources
Addressing Safety in Virtual EMDR:
How to Manage the Potential Risks of Not Being There In-Person
- Establishing a visually safe environment
- Crisis intervention and safety plans
- Managing/assessing for relapse or maladaptive coping
EMDR for Direct Treatment of Traumatic Memories via Telehealth
- Attachment-based interventions in a disconnected world
- Interweaves for blocked processing
- Treating grief and loss
- Creating connection through parts work
- Working with isolation
- Creating empowerment and self-efficacy from a distance platform
Attachment-Based Trauma and Parts Work with Virtual EMDR
- How attachment styles impact processing
- Identifying the different roles that ‘parts’ play in traumatic healing and survival
- How to utilize and acknowledge ‘parts’ in EMDR processing
- Interventions and techniques to bring ‘parts’ forward for healing
- Techniques and tools for working with addicted ‘parts’ during EMDR
Limitations, Risks, and Further Research
- Current research on telehealth with EMDR
- Addressing barriers and potential risks with telehealth and EMDR
- Making the most of risks and limitations for successful treatment outcomes
Telehealth: Legal & Ethical Implications for Mental Health Professionals
Providing telehealth services is a must for today’s clinician, allowing you to effectively expand your practice and reach clients even when they can’t come to your office.
But complicated ethical, legal and compliance issues can make utilizing telehealth seem risky.
How can you add this valuable tool to your practice without worrying you’ll make a mistake that could cost you your license and your livelihood?
This recording is your first step to becoming a confident and capable telehealth provider!
In just 3 hours you’ll learn how you can:
- Protect yourself from telehealth mistakes that could cost you your license
- Stay in compliance with interjurisdictional state laws when practicing across state lines
- Avoid violating HIPAA and HITECH requirements and protect clients’ privacy
Feel the confidence of knowing you can legally and ethically get started providing telehealth services!
- Analyze the ethical principles and applications of ethical codes for telehealth services.
- Determine the HIPAA guidelines and how they apply to telehealth services.
- Assess inter-state issues associated with telehealth and how to stay in compliance.
Research about Telehealth Services
- Here to stay
- It works
Application of Ethical Codes
- Psychologists, Social Work, Professional Counselors
- Building competence
- Technology appropriateness examples
- HIPAA and HITECH
- HIPAA and Small Providers
- Violations and why they occur
State Law applications
- State Interests for the Pros and Cons for permitting telehealth
- Cohesive incoherence
- Examples of statutory guidance
- Risk Management Guidelines
- Interjurisdictional practice
Efforts to Improve Telehealth Interjurisdictional Practice
- Checklist of questions to determine if you can practice across statelines
Case examples for using various forms of telehealth Copyright :
How to Run a Successful Telehealth Business: Business Plans, Marketing, Reimbursement, Electronic Records & More!
Without being prepared to successfully handle the business aspects of telemental health, you and your clients could fail to benefit from this powerful clinical tool.
This recording will provide you with the solutions you need to grow your business, correctly handle billing and recordkeeping, and make sure you get paid for your telehealth services!
Our expert instructor will teach you all you need to know to get your telehealth business off the ground and answer your biggest questions:
- What are the costs involved?
- How do I develop a business plan for my telemental health practice?
- How do I handle reimbursement and billing issues?
- What do I need to ensure compliant recordkeeping?
- How do I market my new services to attract new clients?
Telehealth is an emerging opportunity that you can’t afford to miss…
Make sure you’re ready to add value to your practice through telehealth!
- Formulate a business plan for a telemental health practice
- Assess how to incorporate social media and advertising to effectively run a telemental health practice
- Determine how to correctly manage electronic records in a telemental health setting.
Developing a Telemental Health Business Plan
- What to Consider
- Formulating the Plan
Marketing and Advertising your Telemental Health Business
- Using Social Media to your advantage
- Advertising Tips
- The required Social Media Policy
The Era of Electronic Records
- Development of the Electronic Record
- Electronic Document Storage
- Electronic Document Destruction
- Private Payer