You know that mindfulness works and can produce massive change for your clients struggling with trauma, anxiety, depression, ADHD and more.
But getting your clients to practice mindfulness and body-based techniques isn't easy. And it’s frustrating when they seem to be completely stuck — making no forward progress toward their therapeutic goals — even though you’ve given them valuable tools for personal transformation.
So how do you make mindfulness and body-based approaches work for your clients, not just in session, but also in their daily lives where challenging moments inevitably happen?
It starts by customizing your clinical framework with tools and techniques that match their lifestyle and clinical diagnosis.
Join me today for my new online certificate training, and I'll show you exactly how to integrate and customize mindfulness and body-based approaches that are proven to help your clients break the rumination cycle, disempower intrusive thoughts, lower the stress response, pacify anger, and so much more... to improve their quality of life and achieve their goals.
The best part? The evidence-based tools and strategies you'll learn are backed by the power of neuroscience and can be effortlessly integrated with your current clinical model, allowing you to take your therapeutic outcomes to the next level.
Don't wait to get started earning your certificate. Make today the day you start providing your clients a lifetime of relief by making mindfulness and body-based approaches stick.
I'll see you in the course,
Dr. Christopher Willard
Now you can…
Here's what others are saying...
“This course was extremely informative- I am excited to implement the new techniques I have learned. Dr. Willard is very well spoken and knowledgeable”
—Amanda S., LCSW
“Dr. Willard's presentation made it possible to practice and review the techniques and information so that it could be implemented while learning. That is a beautiful way to be engaged in a training.”
—Matthew W., LCSW
“I enjoyed this very much. I think this is the future and what I integrate into my practice. The more information I can have and learn about, the better clinician I will be with mindfulness. ”
—Kristin K., LPC
The Secret of Clinicians Who GET Results...
Using mindfulness in clinical practice to get results is all about safely adapting body-based tools like breathing, movement, sensory practices, and visualization exercises, to the unique needs of each client and their clinical diagnosis.
Through 10 video modules, Dr. Christopher Willard will show you step-by-step how you can easily adjust his evidence-based clinical framework for clients struggling with trauma, addiction, anxiety, depression, ADHD and more.
Starting right away in Module 1, you'll learn neuroscience-backed strategies that you can immediately apply to:
By the end of the certificate training, you'll be confident in your ability to help clients cultivate and grow in their own practice, allowing you to make the biggest impact on your clients' brain and their recovery from whatever it is they're struggling with.
Here's more of what you'll be learning...
What is Mindfulness? How does it relate to stress, attachment, and mental health? In Module 1, we will explore:
- Mindfulness and neuroscience of healthy attachment and brain development
- How to use the breath as a “remote control” for our minds, bodies and emotions
- The simple science of how mindfulness keeps depression, PTSD, anxiety, aggression and addiction at bay
- Mind-body interventions for stress and attachment issues
Module 2 explores the bio-psycho-social model of mental health and mental illness.
- Introducing mindfulness of body through eating and movement in simple and straightforward ways
- Exploring mindfulness of thought with playful, cognitive interventions
- Understanding the social construction of mental health, and looking at interpersonal mindfulness and positive psychology interventions
Module 3 explores the neuroscience of mindfulness, interventions supported by neuroscience research, and how to incorporate mindfulness into treatment modalities.
- A simple practice to rewire resilience that shows what mindfulness does to the brain
- Translate neuroscience and epigenetic research to mindfulness for your clients
- Understand interpersonal neurobiology and your role in the therapeutic encounter
- Know the state of the research on mindfulness based interventions
- Effectively integrate mindfulness into many modalities of therapy including DBT, ACT, CBT and more
Module 4 explores the benefits of mindfulness for the therapist - maintaining presence and focus, managing the stress of your challenging job, and staving off “compassion fatigue”.
- Why and how mindfulness will make you a better and happier therapist and positively impact your clients
- Presence, countertransference, and decision-making techniques to sharpen your clinical intuition and improve patient outcomes
- Self-compassion, appreciation, and relaxation exercises to avoid burnout
- Focusing practices to keep your mind alert, awake and alive
- Contemplative techniques to keep calm, connected and creative in your sessions
With our bodies as the seat of emotional wisdom, attachment, and more, we turn toward simple therapeutic mindful movement anyone can teach, and playful ways to explore mindful eating to gain insight into a range of presenting problems.
- Multiple ways to explore mindful walking and movement in and out of session
- Mindful eating and its uses with anxiety, depression, impulse control and more
- Mindful eating prompts and practices for the real world
Module 6 Explores shutting down fight/flight and turning on attend and befriend to rewire the brain to respond without excess anger or anxiety.
- The neuroscience of anxiety and mindfulness
- Simple mind-body interventions for anxiety
- The neuroscience of anger and mindfulness
- Simple and fun practices that manage aggression and anger
Module 7 Explores shutting down freeze and faint depressive and traumatic responses to activate the brains attend and befriend response for recovery.
- The neuroscience of depression and trauma
- A biopsychosocial model for treating depression and trauma through mindfulness
- Do no harm – how to adapt and when to avoid mindfulness in the treatment of trauma and depression
- The science and practice of simple self-compassion in the treatment of trauma and depression
Module 8 Explores mindfully managing impulses in the addictions and attention deficits through mindfulness and related practices.
- The neuroscience of addiction and recovery
- Urge surfing, the SOBER breath, and mind-body practices that rewire the reward circuit
- The neuroscience of attention and impulse control disorders
- Anchoring the mind, sensory and movement practices that engage even the attentionally-challenged
Module 9 offers mindfulness adaptations for kids, teens and families.
- Playing attention- making mindfulness fun for kids
- Integrating mindfulness into child therapy
- Creating a holistic model to reinforce mindfulness in families, systems, schools and communities
- How to help kids and families slow down, sit still and single-task
- Practical and effective ideas that will generate buy-in from kids
In this final module, learn additional compassion based-practices, plus ways to cultivate mindful and compassionate workplaces, schools and communities. This module provides:
- Dealing with doubt: whether it’s your own, your colleagues, or the kids’ doubt
- Creating and adapting our own scripts
- Make the virtual virtuous with mindful uses of technology
- A roadmap for breaking through resistance
- Cultivating compassion in ourselves
- Finding time in busy lives for mindfulness practice and self-compassion
- Inspiring and time-tested ideas for creating a mindful and compassionate workplace, school, or family
Part of the richness of this intensive training is the remarkably broad range of professions represented.
Designed for therapists, coaches, educators, caregivers, health professionals and anyone in a helping profession interested in integrating Mindfulness and Body-Based Approaches into their professional life, this interactive online certificate training offers you the framework you need to improve your outcomes.
Continuing Education Credits Available!
Click here for CE credit details and details specific to your profession.
Want to know more about the course outline?
Click here for course objectives and outline.
In recognition of completing this training, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Your certificate not only showcases your personal and professional accomplishment, it shows your clients, your colleagues, and employer your continued dedication to furthering your education and improving therapeutic outcomes.
Hear more from your peers...
“I think Dr. Willard is an excellent role model for mindfulness practice. He presents as very calm and wise.”
—Brenda B., Boynton Beach, Florida
“Chris is excellent and was really easy to stay engaged with.”
—Nancy A., Cap Coral, Florida
Christopher Willard, Psy.D., is one of the world's leading experts on mindfulness with young people, having trained thousands of professionals and young people on the practice and benefits of mindfulness.
He is a psychologist and consultant based in Boston, working individually as well as consulting to schools, hospitals and other organizations. Additionally, he is the author of multiple books on psychology, child development, contemplative practice and more.
Dr. Willard is the president of the Mindfulness in Education Network and serves on the board of directors at the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy. In addition to serving on the faculty of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Willard leads courses and workshops around the world and online.
Dr. Willard is the author of Child's Mind (2010), Growing Up Mindful (2016) and three other books. He is the co-author of the bestselling Growing Mindful and Growing Happy card decks and The Mindfulness Skills Activity Book for Children.
Speaker Disclosure: Financial: Christopher Willard maintains a private practice. He receives royalties as an author for New Harbinger Publishing, Guilford Press, and Parallax Press. Dr. Willard receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. Non-financial: Christopher Willard has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Register for this comprehensive training course without risk. If you're not completely satisfied, give us a call at 800-844-8260. We're that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.