- Clinical expertise: Show clients and colleagues your practice is based on decades of research.
- Client trust: Show your clients you care about providing the best care possible. Showcase your professional ability to take on challenging clients and succeed!
- Documentation of knowledge: Your Level 1 Certificate is both a professional and personal accomplishment. It's an unbiased barometer of your training and dedication to your practice.
- Professional recognition: Set yourself apart from the thousands of clinicians relying on outdated methods to treat their clients. Increase your opportunities for career advancement and client referrals.
emotional experiences for every client, in every session
Every therapist comes to a point where you feel stuck with your clients. You've tried everything you can think of... You're left feeling lost and unsure of your ability to help the clients who so badly need you. But there's a simple way to get unstuck... And keep from getting stuck again!
Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) uses a simple 5-step process to harness the transformative force of your clients' deep emotion... Giving you the ability to create lasting change with ANY client.
Register today for this certificate training and discover how to use this powerful trauma treatment modality in your practice!
Click here for CE credit details.
When you finish this intensive training you'll be able to implement EFIT in your practice as a Level 1 Certificate Holder in Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy through Sue Johnson's prestigious International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)!
Founded in 1998 by Dr. Sue Johnson and her colleagues in Ottawa, Canada, ICEEFT offers educational courses and training to mental health professionals, provides certification for EFT/EFIT therapists around the world, and undertakes clinical research studies.
Participants in Sue and Leanne's EFIT trainings consistently report that once they begin to understand the “intuition of emotion” and how to use it to create potent and sustainable change, their clients move and so do they.
Sessions become more focused and effective. Transformative “corrective emotional experiences” shift perspectives, thoughts about self, trust, confidence, and competence.
approach is available for ALL clinicians!
This is your chance to be part of a new movement in therapy... And among the first clinicians to receive this exclusive training.
Informed by more than 30 years of research in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with couples & families and attachment science, and demonstrated with dramatic case studies...
This intensive certificate training program will help distinguish you as a leader in the field of Emotionally Focused Therapy for Individuals. You'll discover how to:
- Target treatment with an evidence-based map of your clients' emotions so they can experience lasting, positive change
- Transform dysregulating emotions that arise from anxiety, depression, and trauma with powerful moments of vulnerability encountered with balance and agency
- Create new and powerful emotional experiences with clients so they find clarity and peace
- Enable clients to move into a coherent sense of competent self so they can engage with others, deal with existential life issues, and become a fully alive human being
this is the only thing that worked for me.” — Jane, client
Don't wait to become one of tomorrow's leaders... Register today and join an elite group of your peers who are transforming their practice and their clients' lives by earning their certificate in Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy!
The first module of this course kicks off with an overview of attachment perspective and the EFIT map. You'll identify the three stages of EFIT and the key change events that characterize each one.
You'll also learn assessment and the alliance in EFIT, discover guiding principles for clinical decision-making and treatment planning, and micro- and macro-interventions.
In module two, you'll get an overview of the EFIT process and discover the EFIT Tango and how it works in Stage One. Witness eye-opening case examples of EFIT in action.
Module three reveals how to process trauma and the expanding model of self, plus related EFT research. You'll also discover key change events and markers of Stage Two.
Sue and Leanne will show you to how to use the Experiencing Scale with EFIT, and you'll see some powerful case examples in EFIT with a focus on trauma.
In the final module, you'll learn about Stage Three of the EFIT process, practice interventions and strategies, and develop your personal goals for continuing development of EFIT expertise in your practice.
with Dr. Sue Johnson
Includes up to 4 CE hours.
Emotionally Focused Therapy is a well-known approach to couples treatment that foregrounds attachment in the relationship. What if we could take EFT’s successful framework and translate it to work with individuals? This session introduces EFIT, Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy, which centers on helping individual clients shape a robust and resilient sense of self, able to explore and resolve life-defining traumas, especially those inflicted by attachment figures. As in EFT for couples, attachment science offers the EFIT model a map that simplifies how we frame clients’ problems and shape their journey toward wholeness. You’ll discover:
- The key elements of the attachment perspective on the development of a resilient self, and its significance for clinical intervention
- An on-target map for the creation of transformative moments where vulnerabilities can be faced with balance and competence
- A path to shape corrective emotional experiences to restructure negative ways of defining the self, regulating and organizing inner experience, and engaging with others
- How to apply EFIT to clients suffering from a range of symptoms and post-traumatic issues
Dr. Sue Johnson is the leading innovator in translating attachment science into clinical practice. Clinician, trainer, researcher, author, and speaker, Dr. Johnson has received numerous awards highlighting her significant contributions to psychotherapy. She is founding Director of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT), whose aim is to promote the emotional health of individuals, couples, and families.Click here for information about Susan Johnson
Dr. Leanne Campbell is an ICEEFT Certified Trainer, site coordinator for EFIT outcome research, and co-author with Dr. Johnson of the new book, A Primer for Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT): Cultivating Fitness and Growth in Every Client. She is co-director of the Vancouver Island Centre for EFT and Campbell & Fairweather Psychology Group, a large, two-site practice comprised of over twenty clinicians.Click here for information about Leanne Campbell
EFIT is new in terms of the explicit formulation of interventions, but the foundational principles have been around for more than 30 years as a couple and individual therapy.
What is “new” is that EFIT truly integrates a growth-oriented therapy with an empirical and research base. It takes the best theory of human functioning—attachment—and turns it into a clear recipe for change in every session.
Absolutely! Participants in our trainings consistently tell us the EFIT training transforms their practices and their clients immediately. They're able to be more focused, intentional, attuned, and effective.
When you sign up, you get immediate and unlimited access to all course materials – learn on your own time and at your own pace!
- Watch your email for your order confirmation and get instant access to all course materials. Click here for course objectives and outline.
- Review the course materials at your own pace and at your convenience! You'll have unlimited access to all course videos and materials online. Plus, use the PESI app to access the course content on-the-go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
- Instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You'll be part of a community all focused on integrating the most effective techniques, providing valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences and to build your professional network.