- Nuances of stress, trauma, and complex PTSD
- The impact of dissociation
- Interpersonal neurobiology, somatic psychology, and social engagement
- The Polyvagal Theory
- Skill: Spacious, Relational Awareness
- Skill: Explore Co-Regulation
Online EMDR Training - includes FREE CE Hours and FREE Telehealth Certification
What if you could provide rapid treatments that remove blockages in your client's brain so they can, once and for all, put the past in the past and heal from complex trauma, PTSD, chronic stress, fear and anxiety disorders?
By integrating EMDR therapy, you can unleash your potential to treat beyond traditional therapy methods.
Master EMDR therapy skills today and learn what thousands of clinicians have already discovered from our team of world-leading trauma and EMDR experts and their decades of intensive neuroscience research and clinical practice.This self-study certification training will demystify EMDR and trauma's impact on the brain and body, and guide you, step-by-step, through:
- The neuroscience of the EMDR 8-phase model
- Essential how-to steps to rewiring your client's brain
- Somatic and parts work techniques to help your clients move forward
Not only will you gain neuroscience-based knowledge and tools needed to apply EMDR therapy immediately...
You’ll gain specific virtual EMDR therapy strategies for de-escalating trauma symptoms in a telehealth setting.
That's not all: we’re so confident you’ll master EMDR for in-person therapy and telehealth delivery...
You'll get 3 FREE bonuses: Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH/CTMH-A) training course, one year of certification and more timely resources (Total Bonus value: $619.97).
Enhance your trauma treatment toolbox and gain new skills to set up, maintain and elevate your practice in more ways than one!
Network with Other Therapists — Hear Their Incredible Feedback!
"Megan Boardman is excellent. I got large amounts of info and resources to feel confident doing EMDR via Telehealth." — Christine R.
"I was certified in EMDR 15+ years ago. It is very exciting to see the changes. I discovered clarification of techniques that I had been using so that I could do more and was pushed to extend beyond where I was which was so refreshing." — Taunia S.
"A lot of good content. I'm glad I can go back and view the archived presentation!!" — Amanda J.
EMDR Training Requirements, Course Outlines, Objectives
Register today for our advanced EMDR training and walk away with the confidence and skills to treat trauma in person or in a telehealth setting.
The advanced EMDR and telehealth trainings are straight-forward and easy-to-apply with 3 innovative, easy-to-follow sessions designed to get you started, grow and succeed immediately. That's not all: we've included a must-have trauma eBook AND your certification application is FREE Today.
Grow your trauma toolbox and your practice today. Click here for course objectives and outline.
Discover how you can more successfully access deeply rooted pain points and move clients past the internal conflicts that hang them up in treatment by integrating elements of EMDR with skills from a parts work approach.
- Identify chronic, repeated, developmental and sociocultural trauma
- Overcoming betrayal trauma to resolve insecure attachment
- Assess for dissociation (“fragmentation”)
- How parts, ego states and defenses create walls to change
- Compassionate strategies for “Resistant” clients
- Move from shame to empowerment
- Skill: Understand emotional dysregulation as a “part”
- Skill: Connect to the adult self
- Skill: Differentiating from a part
- The 8 phases of EMDR therapy
- Neural networks and “encapsulated” ego states
- Bilateral stimulation and dual attention in EMDR therapy
- Modified EMDR therapy protocols
- Preparation for trauma reprocessing
- Cultivate mindfulness, acceptance, and self-compassion
- Skill: Choice and containment
- Skill: Build allies for a part of self
- Skill: Facilitate repair scenarios
- Skill: Reprocess a traumatic memory
- Skill: Positive state installation
- Trauma recovery and the bell curve
- Resilience as a process and an outcome
- Move from learned helplessness to learned optimism
- Skill: Create your resilience recipe
- How EMDR can be used to overcome avoidance in clients
- How EMDR techniques can help clients resolve traumatic memories
- When and with which clients EMDR should be used
- How to emphasize safety during sessions
- How the 8-phase model is used in treatment
Trauma and Neuroscience
- Key brain areas involved in trauma
- Polyvagal Theory, and types of freeze responses
- Trauma and insecure attachment
- The neuroscience of developmental trauma
- Clinical implications of the freeze response
- The neuroscience of exposure therapy and cognitive therapy
- The neuroscience of relaxation exercises
- EMDR and other “transformative therapies”
- Why EMDR works so well from a brain perspective
- Traumatic memories and intrusive thoughts
- Phobias and anxiety: Insula hyperactivation
- Emotional hijackings and implicit memory
- Avoidance cluster of symptoms
- Why treating avoidance in trauma is critical
- DSM-5® symptoms in a nutshell
- Connecting to a diagnosis
- Simple vs. complex trauma
- Intergenerational trauma
- Symptom clusters and physical manifestations
- CAPS-5 and PCL-5
- Primary Care PTSD Screen
- Dual diagnosis
- Dual awareness
- What you are thinking about is the network you’re in
- Activate networks for change
- Neurons that fire together, wire together (Hebb’s Rule)
- EMDR as neuroentrainment
- Demonstrations and experiential exercises
- Single event trauma
- Anxiety disorders involving imaginal exposure
- Client history and treatment planning
- How to resource: Create a safe space
- Assessment: Choose a target, SUDS, connect with the image/emotions/thought
- Desensitization: Tactile vs. auditory vs. eye movement
- How to use touchpoints, Theratapper, CDs
- Positive Cognition Installation: Likert scale 1-7
- Body Scan: Locate tension and distress in the body
- Closure: Close the neural network and the 6-hour window
- Presenter demonstration
- Attendee dyad practice of the 8-phase model
- Modifications for Complex/Developmental Trauma
- Do not use standard protocol – Rationale for modifications
- Resourcing strategies
- Techniques to reinforce and activate positive neural networks
- Relevance of Polyvagal Theory, early trauma, and EMDR
- Sensory motor modifications and somatic approaches
- How to build Dual Awareness
- EMDR techniques to bring traumatic memories from the limbic system into the prefrontal cortex
- Strategies to foster the critical connection between client and therapist
- Mirror neuron activation
- How to emphasize safety during sessions
- Guidance on order of operations
Master EMDR and then follow this how-to guide on utilizing EMDR through telehealth platforms so you can continue your important work with clients, even when face-to-face sessions aren't possible!
You'll get safe, simple and straightforward approaches to adapting EMDR techniques to an online environment so you can stay on the front lines with your clients during times of crisis.EMDR has been found to be effective when delivered virtually, and now you can get the answers to your most pressing questions:
- How do I manage potential safety risks when I'm not there in person?
- How can I monitor and manage reactions with clients online?
- How do I maximize attunement through video sessions?
Includes up to 12.5 CE Hours at no additional cost
Meet your optimal potential in telehealth with Melissa Westendorf, PhD, JD! Gain comprehensive understanding and wherewithal on translating your in-person sessions to a telehealth practice. Broken down into step-by-step modules, you'll learn how to avoid ethical, legal and business pitfalls of telehealth; develop meaningful sessions with your clients; and learn how to grow and transition your telehealth business. This comprehensive certification BONUS training covers:
- Ethics, Federal Regulation, Statutory Regulation - Essential steps you need to get started on telemental health guidelines, APA Ethical Principals, HIPAA, HITECH
- Guidelines for Video-Based Telemental Health Services - Get specific tools to follow Informed Consent, Emergency Management in Telemental health and ATA guidelines from both a clinical and technical standpoint
- Service Delivery Options, Social Media and Your Practice - Learn how to easily set up and navigate VPN, Encryption, Hardware & software safety, Electronic Communication Policy, service options for email, text, social media and other communication tools
- Evidence-Based Telehealth Applications - Get evidence-based research, security with hardware and software, applying practical strategies for avoiding red flags
- Therapist-Centered Issue Strategies, Practical Solutions & Examples You Need Today - Practice and manage within your boundaries, cultural competence, licensing board complaints, effective self-care
- Business of Teleservices - Gain concrete strategies on how to grow your practice in troubling economic times
"Certification has really boosted my clientele. Now I have a full practice with an extensive waiting list because of it." Join Jack and thousands of other clinicians like you who have found success with certification. Once you're trained and certified in telemental health, you can begin providing distance therapy immediately... and, as a Clinical Telemental Health Provider, you are eligible to be part of an exclusive peer support group for FREE! Never stop learning with like-minded peers!
- Essential interventions that strengthen mindful body awareness, enhance distress tolerance, cultivate self-compassion and facilitate trauma recovery
- Over 50 practices, worksheets, and self-regulation points to utilize in each stage of the client's therapeutic process
- Strategies to integrate several therapeutic approaches for trauma treatment, including relational therapy, mindful body awareness, parts work therapy, CBT, EMDR, somatic psychology, and practices drawn from complementary and alternative medicine
In just three easy steps, you will become a Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH/CTMH-A) starting today:
Step 1: Watch the online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE tests and instantly print your certificates of completion.
Step 3: Submit the Certification Questionnaire included in this training, and we'll cover the
cost of your certification.
Click here for full Certification requirements.
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/ctmh
We partner with Evergreen Certifications to include certification with some of our products. When you purchase such a product, we may disclose your information to Evergreen Certifications for purposes of providing services directly to you or to contact you regarding relevant offers.
Arielle Schwartz, PhD, CCTP-II, E-RYT, is an accomplished teacher who guides therapists in the application of EMDR, somatic psychology, parts work therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions for the treatment of trauma and complex trauma. Her unique blend of spirituality and science can be found in her writings, guided trauma recovery programs, and applied Polyvagal Theory in yoga for trauma recovery. Click here for information about Arielle Schwartz.
See what your colleagues think about Dr. Arielle Schwartz:
and has so much to offer.” — Eileen S.
— Marjorie C.
Megan Boardman, LCSW, ACADC, CCTP-II, EMDR-C, is a Certified EMDR Clinician and Trainer through Evergreen Certifications who uses EMDR in her practice to achieve improved outcomes with a broad spectrum of clients in the areas of trauma, abuse, attachment and substance abuse. Her trainings have helped thousands of clinicians across the U.S. get the most out of their virtual EMDR sessions. Click here for information about Megan Boardman.
See what your colleagues think about Megan Boardman:
Melissa Westendorf, PhD, JD, is a clinical and forensic psychologist and founder of the Technology Wellness Center. As a clinician, Dr. Westendorf has provided therapy to adults and adolescents in the community and within the correctional setting. As a technology wellness expert, she is dedicated to assisting parents, children, adolescents, and adults on understanding the complexities of technology use and the impact on our brains, emotions, and interpersonal relationships. Click here for information about Melissa Westendorf.
See what your colleagues think about Melissa Westendorf:
— Ellen B.
As an EMDR therapist AND Clinical Telemental Health Provider, you'll be able to help clients find lasting relief from their symptoms and live more fully than ever before even when you can't meet face to face.
This EMDR and Telehealth certification training prepares you to help your clients permanently resolve persistent problems of daily life that are rooted in complex trauma, from the comfort and safety of their homes.
But, if you review all of the course materials and are still not satisfied, give us a call at 800-844-8260. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.