$339.96 VALUE, FREE!
Trauma from sexual abuse, childhood neglect, and other horrific experiences lead your clients to ruminate on thoughts like, "I hate my body, I'll never look good enough, I won't be happy until I'm thinner."
While behavior-focused disordered eating interventions can help, you need to dig further and expand your clinical toolbox.
Because the reality is untreated trauma and eating disorders are lethal. But, they don't have to be.
In this groundbreaking course, you'll gain a dual skill set to treat the intersection of eating disorders and trauma from every angle. Our hand-selected panel of seven premier experts brings over 100 years of clinical experience and new research to help you:
- Craft individualized interventions that target clients' mind-body complexes
- Integrate innovative treatments like Internal Family Systems, EMDR, CBT, ACT & more
- Treat dissociation that underlies common eating disorder symptoms
- Master the nuances of working with men and other populations
- Manage self-harm, suicidality, and other crises
By the end of this training, you'll be able to deliver the trauma-sensitive disordered eating therapy that only this specialized training can provide.
Plus, get unlimited access to three bonus videos and the education you need to become a Certified Trauma Treatment Professional. Giving you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd and let clients and colleagues know you've invested the time and effort needed to provide treatment at the highest level!
— Phillip A., counselor
— Renna U., social worker
— Heidi, W., psychologist
— Lorna, H., advanced practice nurse
— Jack C., MFT
- Help your clients end yo-yo dieting & other harmful patterns
- Replace maladaptive disordered eating coping with constructive healing
- Reframe your client's relationship with food — for good!
- Reduce trauma-related symptoms of disordered eating
With over 21 hours of therapy transforming content you'll have new skills for your entire career!
Disordered Eating Behaviors: Identify and Treat the Underlying Trauma
Lori Kucharski, PhD, LMFT-S, LPC, CEDS-S | Click here for information about Lori Kucharski
With 17 years of clinical experience and EMDR training, Dr. Kucharski shares with you her incredible breadth of knowledge on eating disorders. You're going to learn:
- Trauma-informed interventions for each stage of disordered eating treatment
- EMDR, IFS, attachment-focused strategies, and more for stabilization
- How to find the roots of disordered eating in client's trauma narratives
- Common issues not in DSM-5®: Orthorexia, compulsive overeating, diabulimia
- Digging for the roots — Finding trauma?
- Looking beyond anorexia, bulimia, and bingeing
- Dialogues & questions for improving your intake
- Red flags of disordered eating
Implement Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Choose the right assessment
- Assess the spectrum of disordered eating & trauma
- Tools for depression, trauma, or other comorbid conditions
- How and when to use assessments for tracking progress
- Reduce your and your client's burnout
- Improve collaboration within the treatment team
Techniques and Interventions to Transform Therapy
- Trauma-informed tactics for each stage
- Trauma-specific evaluation of intake procedure
- Process and treat trauma and dissociation
- Avoid re-traumatization — what not to say & do
- Determine the order of interventions
- Non-diet paradigm to transform your client's relationship with food
- Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Intuitive eating
- Respect, love, and nurturance for self
- Reframing your approach as the clinician
- Therapeutic techniques that assist in stabilization
- IFS mapping
- Attachment focused work
- Art and sand tray interventions, journaling/logging
- Evaluate the Window of Tolerance
- Incorporate Polyvagal Theory to increase client stability
- Prevent trauma flooding
How to Put it All into Action
- Overcome common blocks in therapy
- Systemic vs. individual: When to include family/partners
- Self of the therapist exercise: Countertransference, bias & more
- Case discussions and video demonstrations
- Effective documentation for ongoing treatment
- Risks and limitations
Trauma Certification Training
J. Eric Gentry, PhD, LMHC, DAAETS, FAAETS, CCTP | Click here for information about J. Eric Gentry
Dr. Gentry has trained over 100,000 mental health professionals in the past 20 years on the ins and outs of trauma treatment. His unique approach to trauma includes the essentials and nuanced applications of trauma interventions.
- Systemic Traumatic Stress Theory
- The most effective treatments
- Tri-Phasic model & what it means
- Essential assessment tools
- Limitations of diagnostic (DSM-5®)
Bio-Psycho-Social-Spiritual Factors of Anxiety & Traumatic Stress
- Precipitating events
- Meaning-making & its impact
- Physiology of Trauma & how to manage it
- Perception and why it matters
Adaptive and Maladaptive Coping Behaviors
- The process of trauma adaptation
- Systemic influences on trauma experience
- Integrated theoretical concepts from stress, crisis & trauma theories
- Implementing the Information Processing Model & Psychosocial Model
Assessment of Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the APA
- DSM-5® changes
- ACE & Developmental Trauma
- Diagnosing PTSD with the PCL-5
Strategies from PE, CPT, EMDR & More
- Cognitive Behavioral Techniques (PE, CPT & SIT)
- EMDR & Bilateral Stimulation
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT)/Emotional
- Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Sensorimotor techniques
Demonstrations: Interactive Exercises/Application of Skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
- Narrative Exposure Therapy Technique
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
- Bilateral Stimulation
- Drawing art
- Healing metaphors
- Transitional objects
The Biochemical, Affective, & Cognitive Impacts of Traumatic Stress
- Affective volatility & how to manage it
- The Body Keeps the Score in practice
- Neurobiology and biology of traumatic stress
The Impacts of Traumatic Stress Over Time & Developmental Stages
- Epigenetic factors
- Reactive Attachment Disorder development
- Adrenal fatigue, prevention & intervention
Traumatic Stress in Grief, Personality Disorders, Dissociative Identity Disorder & More
- Supporting Normal Bereavement
- Treating Complicated Bereavement
- Limitations of grief work
Framework of Healing for Trauma Survivors & System Levels of Stress
- Systemic perspective vs Strengths perspective
- Survivor metaphor
- Community trauma
- Vicarious secondary traumatization
- Contemporary thoughts
$339.96 VALUE, FREE!
Yes! Your CCTP certification demonstrates elevated competency in that you have met clear and established guidelines of training and experience. Some mental health providers take pride in developing a specialty in particular approaches, and obtaining a certification is one way to emphasize and give credibility to those efforts. Show clients and colleagues your practice is based on leading-edge research in this complex area of mental health. For some, certification may help to distinguish themselves in the marketplace. Don't take our word for it. Here's what your colleagues have said:
- "...Certification has really boosted my clientele. Now, I have a full practice with an extensive waiting list because of it."
— Jack H.
- "I love the certifications I have from Evergreen Certifications! I feel that it has helped me narrow my focus and be targeted in my training rather than choosing from the several trainings out there in various subjects. Now, I go to Evergreen Certifications to find out what may be helpful to add to my skillset, look at the recommended trainings and go from there!"
— Mary E.
- "Evergreen certifications has helped me gain knowledge that enhances my work with clients and other professionals. A priceless investment!"
— Crecenra F.
Step 1: Watch the online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE test(s) and instantly print your certificate(s) of completion.
Step 3: Submit the Certification Questionnaire included in this training, and your application is complete.*
Click here for full Certification requirements.
That's it! No hidden fees. No catch. Just certification made EASY.
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/cctpWe partner with Evergreen Certifications to include certification with some of our products. When you purchase such a product, we may disclose your information to Evergreen Certifications for purposes of providing services directly to you or to contact you regarding relevant offers.
Watch your email for your order confirmation and get instant access to all course materials, including the bonus materials.
You'll have unlimited access to all course videos and materials online forever — to view at your own pace. Plus, use the PESI Mobile app to access the course content on your phone or tablet, anytime anywhere!
Instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You'll be part of a community of hundreds of practitioners all focused on passionately helping clients with autism thrive.
Complete your online CE tests and earn up to 21.5 CE hours!
Click here for CE credit details and credit details specific to your profession.
Become Certified Clinical Trauma Professional through Evergreen Certifications. Certification lets colleagues, employers, and clients know that you've invested the extra time and effort necessary to understand the complexities of treating grief. Professional standards apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Extremely! In fact, this course is integral to successful therapy and your client's healing. You'll learn how common symptoms of disordered eating are also dissociative symptoms — and what this means for comprehensive treatment. You'll be able to craft interventions that integrate cognitive, mindfulness, body-based approaches and more to holistically treat the spectrum of disordered eating and related dissociative behaviors.
YES! It is pivotal for clinicians treating any form of disordered eating, eating disorders, trauma work and/or body image disturbance. This evidence-based online course is broken up into easy-to-digest video modules with comprehensive handouts that include problem-solution strategies, innovative worksheets, and countless interventions.
Get the skills and tools you need to end the tyrannical hold eating disorders hold over your clients. You want your clients to let go of their trauma-driven "not enough" narratives, and learn to embrace, befriend, and listen to the internal wisdom of their bodies.
With over 21 hours of online video training, role-plays, insightful commentary, interventions and examples, you will have compelling new clinical strategies that you can immediately start applying in your practice! We encourage you to take the time to fully absorb everything. Watch the videos. Read the materials. Get your CE hours! Earn your certification!
But, if you review all of the course materials and are still not satisfied, give us a call us at 800-844-8260. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Yes! Once you register for this course you will have immediate and unlimited access to all materials – including bonus content!
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.