and relationships through our state-of-the-art online program
and founder of The Integrative Sex Therapy Institute
Nearly every client in an intimate relationship will face the challenge of decreased sexual connection.
Whether the result of routine family and relationship changes, or the distress of life-changing events…
…sexual rupture is prevalent, and it's pushing partners away from each other.
As therapists, we have the opportunity to help clients discover fulfilling and exciting relationships again… both physically and emotionally.
But we need the right training to be effective!
Sex and relationships are constantly changing, and our field has been way behind the curve.
That's why we're excited to announce that enrollment is now open for this certification training that provides the cutting-edge, real-life information every therapist needs to confidently work with sex and intimate relationships.
to the crucial, often uncomfortable, topic of sexuality.
In this intensive program, you'll get insider access to clinical demonstrations and experiential learning sessions that will show you how to work with low-sex relationships, infidelity, shame, changing cultural and gender roles, redefined monogamy, body-image issues, trauma, sexual dysfunction, and much more!
Plus, you'll have the opportunity to join Tammy Nelson for a group consultation session where you can submit your real-life client issues and get step-by-step guidance on how to effectively help.
You'll end this program with the knowledge and skills to confidently handle issues of sexuality and intimacy in any relationship setting.
Integrative Sex and Couples Certification Training with Tammy Nelson:Certified Sex Therapy Informed Professional (CSTIP) Course
Join Tammy Nelson for six step-by-step modules filled with real, in-session client demonstrations and in-depth insight on today's most challenging intimacy and relationship issues.
- Review of sex therapy practice
- A brief history of sexual desire
- Models and definitions of sexual issues
- Assessing sexual issues: In-session clinical demonstration
- Diagnostic considerations: The role of gender, age, health, medication and more
- The Appreciation Dialogue: In-session clinical demonstration
- A new model of the female sexual response cycle
- Sensate Focus and Erotic Recovery: In-session clinical demonstration
- Sexual issues and the intersection of culture, race and gender
- Low Sex, No Sex and Intermittently Sexual Marriages
- Appreciations, stretches, repair
- Soothing, dealing with triggers
- Pleasure dystonic states
- Pleasure disorders
- Moving from a trauma model to a pleasure model
- Shifting from performance to pleasure: In-session clinical demonstration
- Why is sex going down in marriages?
- Demonstrating the Sharing Pleasure exercise: In-session clinical demonstration
- There is no “normal” in relationships
- The stages of couples' counseling
- Individual counseling for sexual issues
- Sexual identity, gender identity and the Minority Stress Model
- The basics of a sex and couples therapy session
- Mastering basic sexuality counseling skills
- Decoding fantasies to understand needs in the relationship
- The new era of relationship life cycles and what research says about sex, orgasm and fantasy
- Approaches to couples therapy: Imago Therapy
- Redefining monogamy and gender roles
- What is nonmonogamy?
- Developing the Relationship Agreement and recovering from betrayal
- Erotic Recovery: In-session clinical demonstration
- The continuum of monogamy and a model of sexual wellness
- Navigating differences in gender, sexuality and eroticism
- Cultural considerations: Intersectionality, multiculturalism and ethnicity
- Exploring the gender roles of women: Oppression, biases and social movements
- Integrative treatment for body image, eating disorders and sexual dysfunction
- Exactly what to do in a sex and couples therapy session
- Dialogue Skills: In-session clinical demonstration
- Societal shifts in nonmonogamy and polyamory
- The three things you need to create a new monogamy that will work for you
- Kink and BDSM: How to manage your own biases
- A new perspective on journaling
- Mindfulness, Sensate Focus and the path to erotic recovery
- A brief note on yoga and sex
- How Art Therapy can enhance sex and couples work
- Alternative interventions for the therapist
Certified Sex Therapy Informed Professional (CSTIP) Course
The future of psychotherapy depends on clinical professionals who can integrate both sex therapy and relationship counseling.
As a Certified Sex Therapy Informed Professional (CSTIP) through The Integrative Sex Therapy Institute and Evergreen Certifications, you'll be able to demonstrate your advanced skills and knowledge in working with sex and relationship challenges.
When you complete this program, you'll be awarded your printable CSTIP certification to display to your clients and colleagues.
Don't just take our word for it! Listen to the glowing review from your colleagues:
— Jack, LPC, NCC
— Liliana, LPC, NCC
In just four easy steps, you can become a certified:
Step 2: Complete the CE tests and instantly print your CE certificates.
Step 3: Complete one clinical consulation session.
Step 4: Submit the Certification Questionnaire included in this training, and your application is complete.
*Professional standards apply. Click here to learn more about CSTIP certification.
Tammy Nelson, PhD, is a licensed psychotherapist in private practice, a relationship expert and international speaker, an author, a faculty member and teacher with a Doctorate in Philosophy in Clinical Sexology. She is a Board Certified Sexologist, a Diplomate of the American Board of Sexologists, a Licensed Professional Counselor, an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, a Registered Art Therapist, a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, a Certified Imago Relationship therapist and an Advanced Imago Clinician.
Dr. Tammy is the author of several books including Open Monogamy: A Guide to Co-Creating Your Ideal Relationship Agreement (2021), Integrative Sex & Couples Therapy: A Therapist's Guide to New and Innovative Approaches (2020), The New Monogamy: Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity (2013), Getting the Sex You Want: Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together (2008), and What's Eating You?: A Workbook for Anorexia and Bulimia (2004). She is also a TEDx speaker, host of the podcast The Trouble with Sex, and Director of the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute.Click here for information about Tammy Nelson.
Tammy Nelson's groundbreaking work!
guidance that is crisp and clear as it is hopeful and realistic."
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.