There are so many unique ways of doing somatic therapy that often therapists are baffled about where to begin.
And… real, hands-on training is not only hard to find, some programs take years.
But, what if you could master integrative body-based techniques in one simple, comprehensive course?
This exclusive course gives you a front-row seat to witness somatic healing with Peter Levine's distinguished student and Somatic Psychology expert, Abi Blakeslee. In easy-to-understand language you'll learn how to creatively design and implement interventions that follow the lead of the nervous system, gently releasing decades of stored pain.Learn how to use simple body-based, polyvagal, and neurobiological interventions - including movement, increasing bodily awareness, visualization, nervous system regulation and other embodied exercises to facilitate trauma healing. Get real-world, in-session demonstrations, case studies, and more so you can start applying somatic therapy techniques immediately. Learn how to…
- Confidently do a somatic therapy session from opening to closing
- Notice the subtle cues and changes in posture so you know exactly where to intervene
- Balance guiding the client on what to tune into with letting the client lead
- Access implicit and explicit memories to facilitate processing without overwhelming clients
- Disempower survival psychology and repair attachment trauma through nervous system attunement
BONUS! Exclusive training from Somatic Experiencing® pioneer Peter Levine on deep healing for attachment and relational trauma.
Register today for this rare opportunity to join one of the premier healers from the next generation of legendary somatic therapists! Set yourself apart — become a somatic therapy clinician!
This course creates a roadmap to implement somatic techniques easily and effectively with diverse clients. Each module contains a lecture portion, then dives into demonstrations. You'll see Abi do each technique with more than one client so you gain the confidence and skills to implement these strategies with any client on your caseload. Sit alongside Abi to learn invaluable healing skills as she works with…
- Monique, an adopted sexual abuse survivor processing attachment wounds, dissociation
- Rosa, a woman with intergenerational trauma from the Korean war and processing medical trauma
- Clint & Christine, a couple processing a near-death experience after a car accident
- Khyal, an Australian man working to express anger and frustration effectively in relationships
- Mara, a resilient non-binary volunteer exploring avoidant feelings, assertive boundaries and re-empowerment around complicated attachment from a narcissistic father
- Ruth, the primary caregiver of a spouse with cancer
- 9 key regulation exercises
- Support, Body, Relational
- Biological orienting
- Orienting to Safety
- Posture and Container
- Gentle Movement
- Down-regulation & Up-regulation nervous system practices
- Setting and achieving goals
- Use metaphor for nervous system regulation
- Targeting explicit and implicit memories
- Reintegrating to the present time
- Track the nervous system with Polyvagal exercises
- Identify "transitional states" or discharge of emotions
- Exercises for resourcing and orientating
- Identify voluntary versus involuntary movement
- Begin Preparatory Movements
- Build impulses and agency toward movement
- Connect to the client's inner animal
- Hand exercises to release aggression
- Ventral exercises that help clients speak up
- Exercises to help clients create boundaries
- Cut through dissociation and freeze physiology
- Create safety through imagery
- Repattern developmental attachments
- Restructure implicit memories through new experiences
- Developmental String exercise
- Hakomi interventions
- Examine essential qualities and essential sense of purpose
- Identify and use somatic archetypes to heal
- Improve affect regulation through increased emotional tolerance
- Image repair to heal developmental imprints
- Therapist-to-client attachment repair exercise
- Use Resonance in therapy
- Give relational support to the parasympathetic nervous system
- Confidently close therapy sessions
Valued at $69.99!
Click here for information about Peter A. Levine | Click here for information about Diane Poole-Heller
Click here for information about Abi Blakeslee
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.