YES! The sessions on February 15 and 16 are LIVE and you'll be able to ask questions of the presenters – though they may not get to all of them, they will try to answer the most relevant and frequent ones. The on-demand session and bonus session can be viewed when convenient for you.
Our students are facing challenges like never before...
Developmental trauma, post-pandemic academic delays, racial tensions, school bullying…
The consequences of these challenges are evident: disengagement, widening academic disparities, elopement, school refusal, teacher burnout, and more.
In response to these unprecedented challenges, we have brought together a team of experts to provide a beacon of hope and empowerment for school administrators and student support professionals.Join our first-ever Summit for School Professionals and walk away with:
- Dozens of strategies to reach the hardest-to-engage students
- Interventions for parents and educators to successfully handle school refusal and elopement in-the-moment
- Tools to build healthy mindsets, motivation, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge you need to address the most challenging behaviors through IDEA, Section 504, and student discipline in a way that protects both students and schools
Together, we can work to get students back into the classroom, ensure their safety, and actively engage them in the learning process. In these challenging times, every member of the educational community plays a crucial role in shaping a brighter future for our students.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Register now!
School Professionals Summit
- TWO DAYS OF LIVE CONTENT (INCLUDED)
- BONUS CE SESSIONS (INCLUDED)
- 30-DAY ON-DEMAND REPLAY (INCLUDED)
- LIVE CE HOURS (INCLUDED)
- FULL RECORDING PACKAGE OF LIVE TRAININGS (INCLUDED)
- BONUS CE SESSIONS (INCLUDED)
- UNLIMITED ACCESS TO EVERY SESSION (INCLUDED)
- SELF-STUDY CE HOURS (INCLUDED)
This event is designed to give School Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Administrators, Educators, Ancillary Service Providers, and other youth service providers the tools they need to support student mental health and to keep kids in school and engaged in learning.
School professionals like you are finding themselves in a national crisis of student mental health…
With increased anxiety diagnoses… more substance use than ever before… academic gaps… disruptive behavior…
It’s critical that you have the tools you need to empower your educational team and give your students a path forward in their education while supporting their academic, social, and emotional success.
That’s why we’ve brought together award-winning teacher, educational consultant, and author Savanna Flakes, Ed.S., PMC, counselor and Nurtured Heart Approach Advanced Trainer Susan Gibbs, M.S., LPC, and leading school law practitioner John B. Comegno II, Esq…
…to give you dozens of instructional and relational strategies you need to engage your students, combat school refusal, and help students struggling behaviorally and emotionally.
Register today and get the tools you need to help your kids thrive.
School Professionals Summit
As educators, our goal is to inspire and unlock each student’s passion for learning. But what happens when our best efforts are met with refusal or hostility?
From the kindergartener who refuses to join the others at circle time to the fifth grader who has yet to complete an assignment and the freshman who leaves school daily after lunch…
Savanna Flakes, Ed. S, international educational consultant and best-selling author, will equip you with proven interventions and strategies you can use to engage the hardest-to-engage students in this powerful session.
Through interactive activities, video demonstrations, and collaborative discussion you will acquire dozens of evidence-based, practical strategies to increase academic achievement.
- Highly practical ideas and techniques for differentiating instruction on-the-fly
- Identify and remove barriers to learning
- Fun assessment methods to collect data and adjust instruction for diverse learners
- Interventions, demonstrations, and free resources you can use immediately!
Register now and join Savanna for this much-needed course and discover new ways to reach your students.
School refusal creates chaos in families and often becomes a vicious cycle in which students become trapped…
Trapped between seeking the immediate, short-term relief that refusing to go to school provides and falling further behind academically, increased feelings of disconnection from peers, and lowered self-esteem.
Join Susan Gibbs, LPC, to learn from her extensive experience in addressing school refusal effectively. She will bridge the clinical and educational worlds and share approaches for both environments so you can help struggling students and families.You will leave with the ability to:
- Identify the 4 functions of school refusal and address each one effectively
- Reduce refusal behavior by applying specific interventions for 5 critical times of the day
- Create student and family-specific plans that focus on the student’s inner wealth and human connection
- Equip parents and educators with age-appropriate interventions to successfully handle school refusal in-the-moment
- Apply the Nurtured Heart Approach® to school refusal
Register now to help students end the cycle of school refusal by changing the way they see themselves and the world around them.
Educators find themselves in a national crisis of student mental health. Inconsistent school attendance, COVID-19 “behavior gaps,” increased substance use, and increasing academic struggles among marginalized student populations leave us wondering:
- What is the role of special education to address this crisis?
- How and when is special education a resource to address the struggling student?
- Have the legal boundaries changed regarding eligibility, in this time of mental health peril?
- How do conflicting “rights” of speech, and search and seizure, impact educators?
- When a student is not eligible for special education, how can educators meaningfully, in the student’s home school, provide intervention to support disconnected students. And why does our understanding of MTSS so desperately need to “broaden,” today?
This session, delivered by John Comegno, litigator and law professor, will answer these questions while engaging, entertaining, and empowering educators to support students at risk, providing turnkey strategies to address students struggling behaviorally and emotionally, and most importantly, advance learning.
Everyone who works in the field of education encounters students who have difficulty managing their emotions and behavior.
These children quickly shut down, become disengaged or unmotivated and act out disrupting the classroom, which gets in the way of everyone’s learning.
Watch this comprehensive training and equip yourself with evidence-based intervention strategies and instructional practices to:
- Build healthy mindsets, increase engagement, motivation and decision-making skills
- Invest in positive behavior and learning changes, including effective group work
- Self-regulate emotions and reduce conflicts
- Cope with challenges and decrease emotional distress
- Reduce conduct problems and risk-taking behaviors
- Stop shutting down and reduce non-compliant behavior
- Maintain positive social behaviors and relationships with peers and adults
- Attain and maintain goals and healthy learning habits
- Improve test scores, grades and attendance
Through interactive activities and video demonstrations you will finish this program inspired with a wealth of highly proactive and effective strategies to transform the social-emotional health of your classroom.
You will immediately be able to help your students develop responsibility for their own behavior and learning and contribute to a positive classroom environment!
School Professionals Summit
This event is designed for School Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Administrators, Educators, Ancillary Service Providers and other youth service providers…
To give you proven interventions and strategies that you can use to get your students to want to show up, participate and continue to learn and grow as individuals.
Register today and show your students, colleagues and superiors that you are dedicated to gaining knowledge, to discovering new and innovative ways to change the lives of the kids that you see every day.
Your registration includes…
- A full day of training on how to engage the hard-to-engage student
- A full day of training on school refusal and what you can do about it
- TWO bonus CE trainings designed to give you tools to end disruptive classroom behaviors in 2024
A $819.99 value, you can secure full access to this landmark training event for just $199.99…
And your registration is backed by our complete satisfaction guarantee…
You and your students have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
Sign up today and we’ll see you on February 15th and 16th!
School Professionals Summit
Savanna Flakes, Ed.S., CAS, is an award-winning teacher, experienced instructional
leader, and educational consultant
who has taught a variety of subjects and led professional development for multiple
school levels on a range of topics such as differentiation, literacy interventions,
inclusion, co-teaching, and specially designed instruction. She is an engaging and
enthusiastic international presenter who believes that every child has talents to offer
and can be a contributing member in our classroom, school, and
Savanna holds an Education Specialist Degree in Administration Leadership, a Post Masters Certificate in Education Leadership, and Curriculum and Instruction: Literacy, and Special Education. She is a National Board Certified Teacher (NBPTS), an International Education Technology Standards Certified Teacher (ISTE), a Google Certified Educator, and the author of a best-selling education book, “Shaking Up Special Education: Instructional Moves to Increase Achievement.”
Susan Gibbs, M.S., LPC - Dynamic Counseling Susan holds a Master’s in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology, with 20 years of experience spanning community mental health, school, in-home, crisis and outpatient settings. Additionally, she instructs undergraduate psychology courses at Rowan College at Burlington County and trains providers and parents as an Advanced Trainer for the Nurtured Heart Approach.
John B. Comegno II, Esquire, founder and president of the Comegno Law
Group, PC, is recognized as a leading school law practitioner, representing public and
independent schools through the Northeast region. He is a member of the bars of the
State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and has litigated special
education disputes across the United States. He lectures to professional groups
throughout the region and regularly appears as a keynote speaker for national groups
across the country.
Drawing from hundreds of seminars to thousands of educational practitioners across the country, John’s lectures are equal parts legal/practical guidance and humor, wit and entertainment. Attendees regularly follow John’s lectures on an annual basis and report that his lecture style not only well-informs but also engages entertains.
If you're not completely satisfied, give us a call at 800-844-8260.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be
all that's promised and more than you expected.
Frequently Asked Questions